Monday, November 30, 2009

A Touching Love Poem !

I forgot to say "I love you".

When angry words came and made demands you weren't ready to meet…
I forgot to say "I love you".

When the hurt inside grew and the only pain I could feel was my own…
I forgot to say "I love you".

When tears began to fall and stubborn pride led me to close my heart to yours...
I forgot to say "I love you".

When you said maybe it was best that we end this to go our separate ways and disbelief washed over me…
I forgot to say "I love you".

When you turned to leave; when I could have reached out but didn't because my pain clouded my judgment…
I forgot to say "I love you".

When the door closed and all that remained was silence and my quiet tears…
I forgot to say "I love you".

I forgot to tell you how much joy you brought into my life.
I forgot to tell you that you were the most interesting part of my day.
I forgot to tell you that a day without you left something empty inside me.
I forgot to tell you how I thrilled to the sight of your sweet smile and the sound of your quiet voice.

I forgot to tell you how much I valued you as a person.
I simply forgot...

Time has passed. Our lives have moved forward and what we shared remains in the past.

I hope somehow you know just what you did mean to me; what my memories still hold so dear.

Yet my strongest regret is not expressing my heart's constant whisper...
I love you...