Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A True Love Poem !

And Then There Was You !!!


So cold and dark, so empty and alone,
Never knowing what real love was.

So fragile and closed, so hateful and cruel, never to open my heart to anyone, and then there was you.
So scared, so new, not knowing what was to come, I gave you what little I had left. Hoping that you would want me the way that I am. Timid and frightened, wanting to love again, and then there was you.

A little relief from the beating that my heart took, trying to remember what it was like. You showed me that it was real and true, you touch so gentle, you saw right through.
All the pain and distrust disappeared that day, the love that consumed me felt so perfect and so right. Still hesitant to let anyone see who I really was, and then there was you.

Believing in me, trusting me, loving me unconditionally, letting go of all the fear, anger, and regret. Knowing that it is ok just to be who I am.
Crying, laughing, talking, sharing emotions that I tried to hide for so long, All because there was you.




~ Cassandra S. McFall.